A weekly bilingual newspaper, established in 1906 by Hugh Evans (1854-1934), as a paper for the Welsh of Liverpool, until the circulation expanded throughout Wales. The newspaper's main content consisted of the weekly news, but was also devoted to Welsh interests. The newspaper's first editor was John Herbert Jones ('Je Aitsch' 1860-1943), followed by Gwilym R. Jones (1903-1993), who stayed on as editor until the paper ended in 1939. He was also responsible for bringing more of a political tone to the paper. Some prominent writers of the day were also frequent contributors, amongst them being the paper's founder Hugh Evans, Griffith Roberts (Gwrtheyrn, 1846-1915), William Albert Williams (1909-1946) and Kate Roberts (1891-1985). The paper was owned by Evans, Sons & Foulkes (1906-1909); Hugh Evans & Sons (1909-).

View full details