A weekly newspaper circulating in the Abergavenny area, Usk, Crickhowell and Llantilio Pertholey. Founded in 1871, the newspaper's main content was local news. The newspaper's founder was Edwin Morgan, with M. Morgan and Company proprietors between ca.1906 and 1965, Berrows Newspapers Ltd, between 1965 and 1983, and Tindle Newspapers between 1983 and 2000. The newspaper's first two editors were W. M. J. Scanlon and George Harris. Associated titles: Abergavenny Chronicle and Gazette (2000).