A weekly newspaper published mainly in English, circulating around the districts of North and Mid Wales. The newspaper's main content included local and general news, advertisements, sports and leisure reports. It also included several Welsh articles. Amongst the newspaper's editors were Sir John Gibson (1841-1915) and Dewi Morgan (Dewi Teifi, 1877-1971). At its peak the weekly circulation reached over 25,000. It is currently owned by the Cambrian News Ltd. Associated titles: Merionethshire Standard and Mid-Wales Herald (1864-1868).

View full details