A weekly Welsh language newspaper, which circulated throughout Wales. The newspaper's main content included local and general news, but by now is used more for denominational matters. It originally had ties with the Congregationalists, but from 1936 it was owned by the 'Union of Welsh Independents'. Amongst the newspaper's editors were many independent ministers, including John Thomas of Merthyr Tydfil (1821-1892) and Job Miles of Aberystwyth. Other editors included H. M. Hughes, Beriah Gwynfe Evans (1848-1927), John Dyfnallt Owen (1873-1956), E. Lewis Evans and Iorwerth Jones (1913-1992). Associated titles: Tyst a'r Dydd (1871-1891).

View full details